Next Monday, January 28th at noon, concerned citizens, faith congregations, and progressives like you and me will come together at the Colorado Capitol for a rally to prevent gun violence. Monday’s rally will feature friends and family of victims, faith leaders, elected officials, and others to call for the immediate passage of sensible policies to prevent the gun violence that claims dozens of American lives every day. Please read the information from our friends atTogether Colorado below, and we hope you can join us next Monday.
Did You Know?
• 12 students and 1 teacher were killed during the Columbine High School Massacre in 1999
• On July 20, 2012, 12 people were killed and 58 injured at Century Movie Theater in Aurora, Colorado
• In 2011 (the latest year for which statistics are available) there were 147 homicides in Colorado, 50% involved guns
• The United States has the highest gun ownership rate in the world – there are 89 guns for every 100 Americans
• On December 14, 2012, 20 children and 6 teachers were killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown, Connecticut
• The United States has experienced 33 school shootings since Columbine High School
• 34 Americans are murdered with guns everyday – over 48,000 Americans were killed during President Obama’s last term
Enough is ENOUGH! Let’s gather on the steps of the Colorado State Capitol Building and tell our elected officials that the time is NOW for gun violence prevention policies – LET US LIVE!
If you have questions, please contact William Dickerson (Community Organizer, Together CO) 303.330.8311, email@example.com
More about LET US LIVE: Gun Violence Prevention Rallyhttp://www.togethercolorado.org/action/let-us-live-gun-prevention-rally